The history of the tournament begins in 1992, when the games of the football league of disabled people were held in Poland for the first time. The Torun Dressing Materials Factory (TZMO SA) acted as a sponsor, and the games themselves were local in nature.
As TZMO expanded its activities in Europe in 2000, it was decided to become more actively involved in organizing this event and its further development.
Now SENI Cup tournaments are held in Poland, Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Germany, Hungary, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Baltic countries.
SENI Cup tournaments are held among pupils of psycho-neurological boarding schools.
One of the challenges facing the SENI Cup tournaments is to unite society and people with mental disabilities, based on the principles of mutual respect.
Participation in the tournament and victories won on the field contribute not only to physical development, but also to increase the self-esteem of the participants, strengthening their confidence in their own strength.
It is also a departure from the daily routine, which allows tournament participants to find friends among those who have faced similar diseases and better than others are able to understand their problems.
For the first time, in Kazakhstan, the SENI Cup mini-football tournament was held on October 10-11, 2017, in Almaty.
The tournament was attended by 12 teams of participants with psychophysical disabilities.
The winning team in the tournament, for the first time in the history of the tournament, represented the Republic of Kazakhstan at the international football tournament SENI CUP in 2018
The winners of the II-nd republican tournament of the international league on mini-football for persons with disabilities on the way to Poland in order to take part in the final of the international tournament SENI CUP in Torun!
THE FIRST ONLINE TOURNAMENT SENI CUP 2020 was held from 09/23/2020 to 10/30/2020
THE FIRST ONLINE TOURNAMENT SENI CUP 2020 was held online on social media platforms Facebook and Instagram.
9 teams from different cities of Kazakhstan took part in the First Online Tournament Seni Cup 2020:
- Talgar city, Team “Akniet”, Men’s team, Center for the provision of special social services “Akniet”
- Talgar city, Team “Akniet”, Women’s team, Center for the provision of special social services “Akniet”
- Issyk city, Team “Amanat”, Center for the provision of special social services “Amanat”
- Almaty, Team “Demeu”, Center for the provision of special social services “Demeu”
- Karaganda city, Team “Arlan”, Psychoneurological medical and social institution No. 1 of the city of Karaganda, Karaganda region
- Kyzylorda city, Team “Orda”, Center for the provision of special social services No. 2 of the city of Kyzylorda
- Almaty, Team “Senim”, Center for the provision of special social services “Senim”
- Almaty, Team “Zhastar” Branch of PA “Kazakhstan Special Olympics”, Almaty
- Almaty, Team “SKSHI 7”, Branch of the PA “Kazakhstan Special Olympics”, Almaty
The tournament is held in several rounds:
- “Top scorer”
- “Motto / chant”
The duration of one round was 7 days. Each week the teams received an assignment on the official Seni social pages (Facebook and Instagram @seniclubkz), which they must complete within a week and post on their page and mentioning the Seni page. Further, the completed task was posted in a story or a tape on official social pages, and thus it was considered ready.
In addition to the official communication on Seni social networks, a group was created on the What’s Up platform to clarify all the questions about the tournament, where all the coaches of the participating teams were added. In this group, the Seni team spoke additionally about the tour, and the coaches also supported each other.